NAKARA SINCE 1200
Kevin Davidow first opened a Manufacturing Factory in 1980, and later establishing a small tannery in the northern industrial area of Windhoek. In recognition of the impending political changes such as changing the country’s name from South West Africa to Namibia, he decided to call his business NAKARA, capitalizing on the association it would have with the well-known Swakara.
In the beginning NAKARA focused only on processing and manufacturing Swakara and other fur,such as fox. Sometime later the first leather was produced and by 1989, the tannery was to small to meet demands and a new factory was built and taken into commission in 1990, the same year Namibia gained independence from South Africa.